Kilroy Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What really does defines a cheat / hack?

+2
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
KSSWA
6 posters

Go down

What really does defines a cheat / hack? Empty What really does defines a cheat / hack?

Post  KS<ARGO>SWA Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 am

There has been on this forum alone, many accusations between clans flung back and fourth over the past year. Many regarding cheating / hacking. But what has never truly been answered is the definition or to say it simply: What is considered a cheat / hack?

1. Is it a modification?
2. Can it be a add on program to enhance your PCs speed?
3. Is it as simple as messing with affinity in your dual core?
4. Or can it be as simple as one player using an outdated pentium III powered pc vs. a player with a quad core super charged $3,000.00 monster.

What truly defines cheating or not cheating in a game? And more so, What would you consider cheating. Since video games began back in the 1970s there has been much controversy over what is allowable in regards to game modifications and programming in a video game. So where does one cross the fine line fom a fair player to a cheat?

I am going to take the tempreture if all who post here to see how you feel regarding this topic because it is something that keeps being thrown in on but never solved. Maybe together we can all hammer out what is, and what is NOT fair play. I would even go as far as saying that I also think the if in agreement of what is cheating and is not be added to each clans rules of conduct and or a mutual fair play pact for all of BC to be aware of.

Just a thought, but now people it's your turn to weigh in.

Last edited by KS<ARGO>SWA on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KS<ARGO>SWA
KS<ARGO>SWA
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

What really does defines a cheat / hack? Empty Re: What really does defines a cheat / hack?

Post  KSFLR/Miriallia Haw Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:04 am

i would say cheating is using a program outside of the game 2 make the game faster for u but lags everyone else down or making it so i always gets a headshot in a FPs game (I.E aimbots an many more things) and changing scripts so that they r not wat they should be 4 the game that's not part of a mod like i saw with the exmis class i saw a member of a clan had the scripts changed so it didn't fire pusle weapons but the quontume torps (parden spelling) this would in my eyes be cheating
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

What really does defines a cheat / hack? Empty Re: What really does defines a cheat / hack?

Post  IKF Kraagg Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:44 am

HAHAHA Funny argo... Like were going to get all feddy and start amending our clans Rules of conduct... oh wait we dont have any LOL Gee I dunno what to say about it now LOL

The way i see it... Its my game... ill play it how I choose... If that means load in a hack to piss someone off then so be it... ( Watch them have fun with that comment) Its my game on my computer on my internet Ill play it how i damn well want to... If others dont like it well they can go play in some other place ... LOL
IKF Kraagg
IKF Kraagg
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  IKF Kraagg Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 am

Nova Saber wrote:i would say cheating is using a program outside of the game 2 make the game faster for u but lags everyone else down or making it so i always gets a headshot in a FPs game (I.E aimbots an many more things) and changing scripts so that they r not wat they should be 4 the game that's not part of a mod like i saw with the exmis class i saw a member of a clan had the scripts changed so it didn't fire pusle weapons but the quontume torps (parden spelling) this would in my eyes be cheating

Not technically, Cuz changing the pulse cannons would effect more than just the eximus.... It would also in turn affect the defint. Weapon systems in BC are shared, unless its a special torp that no other ship has.. if you take a photon and change it to a phased quantum for your akira.. guess what every other ship that uses a federation photon will have the phased quantum... Now.... With that im mind..... If you change your weapons all around... you can still join someone elses server... Problem here is.. your weapons will be running off the host systems files not yours, meaning the torp properties come from the server side... yes you still see the effects you changed but damage wise its stok...

Now say you host with these new weapons..... EVERYONE will have the ability to fire phased quantums in place of photons because everyone reads the stuff from your system. This in fact is not a cheat because EVERYONE has the same abilities. they just cant see the graphical changes, Damage done is of the phased but looks like a photon to them.

So.. editing ship files cannot be done in BC if you want to pass checksum at server entry. Theres no way around it Just some parts are not checked since they are not game critical files for MP If you attempt to modify any of the ships you will fail, I know of a secret to trick BC but i will not just say it outright (DD almost got the trick)
lol

Just because i Know how to abuse the system dont mean im going to .. just like i Know how to kill someone in seconds bare handed... dont mean i will.....

I dont know if theres hacks like those for Combat arms ive looked at, they are DLL injectors that can alter a games properties (Aimbot Wallhack Ghosting) externally, doubt they work for something as old as BC.

Good thing about CA is the developers are always up to date on the latest hacks and create ways to kill the game if one is detected
IKF Kraagg
IKF Kraagg
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  XFS51Ryan Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:27 pm

there is a distinct difference between a hack and a mod..

A mod is like KM and SF and is readly avalible to everybody for download so people can have it...and nobody is at a disadvantage...

ARGO mentioned over powered PC's?? now i agree with you up to a point..but i remember a incedent with Fix3r of DD when i was in WP years ago..i had a quad core PC at that time when they first hit the market...now...fix3r had a single core P4? which do you think would be faster at loading quantaum torpedoes on the eximus?? or the hybrid?? if you guess my quad core you would guess wrong...so its not all about computer speed...and apparently he wasnt hacking

Now a Cheat/Hack is a lot different...IMO a hack gives people no chance of winning in BC..overpowering weapons/shooting threw a cloak/enhancing hulls/enhancing sheilds/ in a normal KM server, where nobody else has the same stuff...or the ability to counteracted the cheat/hack...that's underhanded.. and not fair play, hackers/cheaters take advantage of there skill to tamper with the scripts of BC for there own good.

Now i dunno why people do this...perhaps there getting sick of being Pwned..or they want to make the BC community fear them, instead i see them as little kiddys which simply cant play the game for shit...and..seriously need skill...now whoever wants to start flaming me about the post, previous posts has my MSN please do so there but i give as good as i get so ya...

XFS51Ryan
Contributer
Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  UFH Pairas Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Nova already described it very good in an other post:
You cheat / you are a cheater when you have an further mod / program / sript in order to take advantage towards other players in a game.
Uri and spartan are confirmed lag cheater as Nova proved us with irrefutable evidences like the video and explained it very good. I do trust her because she seems to know a lot about this game and how it works. It wouldn't be a surprise for me when she is a computer scientist.
RichieB uses the program Game Booster to optimzie his random access memory, not a cheat as Nova said it.
UFH Pairas
UFH Pairas
Frequent contributer
Frequent contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  EIRE Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 pm

UFH Pairas wrote:Nova already described it very good in an other post:
You cheat / you are a cheater when you have an further mod / program / sript in order to take advantage towards other players in a game.
Uri and spartan are confirmed lag cheater as Nova proved us with irrefutable evidences like the video and explained it very good. I do trust her because she seems to know a lot about this game and how it works. It wouldn't be a surprise for me when she is a computer scientist.
RichieB uses the program Game Booster to optimzie his random access memory, not a cheat as Nova said it.

Oh man this guy has 2 be a" head fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
EIRE
EIRE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum