Kilroy Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some history on the name..

3 posters

Go down

Some history on the name.. Empty Some history on the name..

Post  Hellkhat Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:21 am

Many people dont know this so I though it would be cool to share some History behind my name

In 1942, Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation began mass production of the F6F "Hellcat" fighter as replacement for the F4F/FM-2 "Wildcat" which had been carrying the burden of fighter operations in the Pacific. The results obtained from testing a captured Japanese "Zero" restored to flyable condition were utilized in refining design features of the production F6F to enable it to engage the "Zero" on equal terms and thus dictate the rules of combat. At one time during the war, Grumman was delivering a "Hellcat" at the rate of one per hour around the clock for a grand total of 12,275 deliveries from 1942 to 1945.
While the F6Fs capability for carrying bombs and rockets was widely utilized in air support of friendly ground forces as well as the destruction of enemy airfield installations and shipping, it is best known for its role as a fighter. All in all, the "Hellcat" was credited with destroying 5,156 enemy aircraft in air-to-air combat (75% of all Navy aerial kills) with a kill ratio of 19:1. Combat stories of F6F encounters with enemy aircraft during World War II are legendary. Soon after the first months of use in the pacific, pilots of the F6F branded the Hellcat with the name "The Ace Maker"

Some history on the name.. Aen6d-bl

Some history on the name.. F6F_warbirds_tw

Some history on the name.. Hellcat
Hellkhat
Hellkhat
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Some history on the name.. Empty Re: Some history on the name..

Post  KS<ARGO>SWA Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 am

Very interesting Hellkhat, Now a challenge for you hellkhat. Let's see if you can find out where the name Argo comes from in history, myth.....or legend.
KS<ARGO>SWA
KS<ARGO>SWA
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  KS<Tor'al>SWA Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I may aswell throw my name at you too, Hellkhat.
Tell me.
What is the origin of my name, include race/TV series/season and episode
Very Happy

KS<Tor'al>SWA
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum