Kilroy Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STO better than BC? It's all about the Benjamins

5 posters

Go down

STO or BC which is over all the better choice

STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Vote_lcap175%STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Vote_rcap1 75% 
[ 3 ]
STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Vote_lcap125%STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Vote_rcap1 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Empty STO better than BC? It's all about the Benjamins

Post  KS<ARGO>SWA Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 am

So much STO hype in all the forums, peeps are saving thier nickels or selling their souls to buy this "new and improved" addition to the Star Trek family of online games, but is it really worth it? Well let's all discuss it.

It seems that a lot of peeps like the graphics and of course we are talking a whole new game engine unlike the tried and true BC counterpart which has served us all faithfully for a decade now. This new game has all kinds of features that BC just can't match.....yet.

When it really comes down to it, STO's downfall will most likely be the incredibly bad timing for it's realease date. Think about it. They drop this hyped up game on the shelves with all the bells and whistles in the middle of a world wide recession, put a heavy price tag on the game itself and then tell you "Oh yeah, your also going to have to buy a key for it and pay monthly to play it". Hmmmmmm.

Those graphics aren't looking so good now are they?

Listen, I personally believe that after paying my good hard earned money for a game that No one should have the right or audacity to expect to again be able to put their hands into my pocket more to line their already fat wallets. For Christ sakes how many kids let alone adults can afford that on a monthly basis?

BC for all it's drawbacks, has always been free and has stood the test of time to it's players who helped keep it afloat. Remember people it's not the game that keeps you coming back, it's the friends who play it. I for one will take my chances even if I am the last player in BC because as far as I see it, I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay to play anything. Besides, can you imagine if the drama is anything like it is in here how your gonna feel to be paying for some asshole to shit all over you then call you a hack, cheat, or Noob? Good luck with that.

If you ask me I say we get those modders back to the drawing board and go big on BC because those of us who bust our asses for a paycheck are just fine with our BC world.

Long live freedom of choice!!! cheers
KS<ARGO>SWA
KS<ARGO>SWA
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Empty Re: STO better than BC? It's all about the Benjamins

Post  KSFLR/Miriallia Haw Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 am

even if STO was the last playable ST game out i wouldn't touch it least not till it goes on torrents along with private Free servers Razz as they got done with WoW but i would love it if some one would come along and make a mod 2 update the BC game engine with a game engine that's like in STO (thinks sumone show pick the engine apart an mod it 4 BC use) an give it 2 BC then BC would once agian become the best game out there and may i remind thos who would jump ship 2 the Pay 2 Play STO BC has stayed up and hosted by gamespy alot longer then any game has ever due 2 it's still great game play
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

STO better than BC?  It's all about the Benjamins Empty Re: STO better than BC? It's all about the Benjamins

Post  KS<Musashi>SWA Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

im going to try it but you also have to put into consideration, when you are in a server by yourself you can still do stuff instead f waiting for people to pop up and then do something.
KS<Musashi>SWA
KS<Musashi>SWA
Frequent contributer
Frequent contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  KS<Tor'al>SWA Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Do not compare this to WoW.
For one to be able to edit a WoW Private server or even make one at all you need EMU or Ascent supported software aswell as god knows how many other things I know i used to host one.

The software to edit these servers were already out thus far making it easier to redistribute WoW as private servers.

As far as STO goes it's a completely different story, it's a unique game with a unique gaming engine.

Basically what i'm saying is if you expect to see STO private servers out anytime soon, don't because coming up with a way to do it is going to take a while. Not to mention the DMCA's Cryptic Studios would be handing out? Lol.

KS<Tor'al>SWA
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  KS=Yar=SWA Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 pm

for me BC is boring, STO just sucks and i don't play it anymore........need me I'll be over in COD. cat

KS=Yar=SWA
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  KSFLR/Miriallia Haw Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:52 am

i'll be getting CoD and or H3 when i gets a better graphics card other then the intergrated one =/
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum