Kilroy Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy

3 posters

Go down

XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy Empty XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy

Post  KS<ARGO>SWA Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I found this article to be very interesting and informative. It didn't really surprise me but it did in my opinion make a clear seperation between Vista and 7.

I definatley want your opinions here, I run all 3 OS systems and I wanna see who preferes what.

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/
KS<ARGO>SWA
KS<ARGO>SWA
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy Empty Re: XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy

Post  KSFLR/Miriallia Haw Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:42 pm

well argo i perfers my vista it has flaws but i keeps it protected very well Smile
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
KSFLR/Miriallia Haw
Forum monkey
Forum monkey

Back to top Go down

XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy Empty Re: XP vs VISTA vs Windows 7, The end of a great contraversy

Post  MONITOR Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 am

i am 3 days into running windows 7 professional on my gaming tower so i am no expert like i am with xp but here are my opinions.
windows 7 is definitely a great os and destroys vista away in almost every category conceivable. what is nice about 7 is the ease of the install, a beautiful user interface, ease of network connectivity and almost everything i have tried just works perfectly and true. this os is a winner.
as i said 3 days with it i still haven't even learned a quarter of what 7 can do and at times i am a bit lost but with any new os this is to be expected. i have however encountered problems with driver installs. my laser printer, wireless and a few programs didn't work however it was easy to find 7 64bit drivers for them. really, right now i don't have anything bad to say about 7 but time will tell.
i also really love xp pro. i know that os inside out. one thing which i can say bad about 7 is that it seems to be way too user friendly to a degree that anyone who tinkers with an os will have problems with 7 eventually. whats nice about xp is most can diagnose and repair almost any issue by using the several tools and reporting that xp does. i have not found these tools in 7. it also took me an hour to find advanced settings for audio.
i will not put a label yet on if xp or 7 is the best os but if you like to tinker with an os xp is better and 7 is definitely the best choice for a novice pc user.
as far as gaming i will let you know. i am dl km right now and haven't run any games (older and newer) yet so no comment there. i know some people had issues and some had none.
MONITOR
MONITOR
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum